The El Paso County Historical Society is a community endeavor. We rely on volunteers to preserve and share El Paso’s history – in essence, OUR history. We are always looking for volunteers with a love of our beautiful city and its history to help with the following tasks.
- Front Desk Greeter
- Welcoming guests and answering telephone
- Data Entry
- Helping enter archival records into the database
- Research Assistance
- Answering research inquiries from historians and the general public
- Helping to sort and organize collections
- Assisting at fundraising events and celebratory events
- Making telephone calls, writing thank you notes, and grant writing
- Writing fundraising messages, social media posts, and preparing mailings
- Providing tours of the Burges House to individuals and groups
We invite volunteers over the age of 16 to contribute their time and talents to the mission of the El Paso County Historical Society. To become a volunteer, please complete the Volunteer Application and submit to email@example.com or mail the completed application to 603 W. Yandell Drive, El Paso, Texas 79902. After we receive your application, you will be contacted to arrange for an interview in person or by phone. All information on the application will be kept confidential and will help us find the perfect volunteer project for you.
We ask volunteers to commit to a minimum of 50 hours of service.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact Janine Young, Volunteer Coordinator, at 915-533-3603 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Word document: Volunteer Application & Information Form