Eva Cunningham moved to El Paso in 1907. She grew up with a love of gardening. Her mother gave each of her children a little plot in their yard so they could grow their own garden. Eva married Clifford D. Cunningham.
Eva was active in the Lower Valley Garden Club for years. Cunningham taught floral arrangement to high school students at Ysleta and Riverside high schools. She was active in the Lower Valley Woman’s Club and provided decorations for special events for the club. Cunningham was also a master judge for floral shows. She served as president and helped organize the Council of Judges for District Nine Garden Clubs.
Cunningham had her own garden and landscaped an acre for St. Clement’s Episcopal Church. Cunningham also gave lectures and demonstrations on flower arranging.