Patricia Wolfe Wyatts and her first husband, Jerry Wolfe, came to El Paso in 1948 to work as operators for Sky Chief, operators of restaurants at the El Paso Airport. He was previously stationed at LaGuardia Airport in New York City. They opened the La Ponda Motel on Paisano. They also operated the Covered Wagon Restaurants and ran a cafeteria at the Ramada Inn and at Fred’s Mart. The couple also ran a cafeteria for Standard Oil.
In the 1960s, the Wolfes organized Jerry’s Restaurants Inc., which had locations at the Ramada Inn and later at the Mesa Inn. The Wolfes opened the first Pancake Castle in the Southwest, which was on Montana Avenue. After Jerry died, Patricia took over as president and later married John Wyatts. Even as president, she continued to be involved in the day-to-day operations of her restaurants. Wolfe also opened a location at The Roadway Inn.
El Paso Herald-Post, July 20, 1970
El Paso Times, March 7, 1976
El Paso Herald-Post, Aug. 4, 1975, page 2