UPDATE: Ticket sales have ended.
There’s still time to reserve your seat for this year’s El Paso County Historical Society Hall of Honor! This year’s banquet will be held at the historic Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park, 106 W. Mills Ave. on Sunday, November 14, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. The event will include a plated lunch, awards presentation, and silent auction.
This year we will include the 2020 and 2021 honorees in our celebration as we were unable to host our annual Hall of Honor last year. We were unable to host our annual Hall of Honor in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020 Hall of Honor class:
- Rick Francis is the Chairman and CEO of WestStar Bank and well known for his civic and charitable activities.
- Maude Craig Sampson Williams (1880-1958) was a suffragist, teacher, civil rights leader, and community activist.
- William J. Hooten (1900-1991) was the editor of the El Paso Times from 1940 until he retired in 1970.
- Janice Woods Windle is well-known for her accomplishments as an author and her decades of work at the El Paso Community Foundation.
The 2021 Hall of Honor class:
- Colbert Coldwell (1822-1892) was a Santa Fe Trader, lawyer, District Court & Supreme Court Justice, and an El Paso U.S. Collector.
- Joseph Ray (1907-1991) was a professor of political science and the sixth president of Texas Western College/The University of Texas at El Paso from 1960 to 1968.
- Jack Maxon, founder of the local favorite Jaxon’s restaurant, is a restaurateur, business professional, and civic leader.
- Mary Haynes was the first female County Commissioner in El Paso and past president of the El Paso County Historical Society.
How to attend:
- Where: Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park, 106 W. Mills Ave., El Paso, TX 79901
- When: Sunday, November 14, 2021, at 11:00am MT
- What: The event will include a plated lunch, awards presentation, and silent auction.
- Cost: Seats for the event are $100 for El Paso County Historical Society members, and $125 for non-members. All proceeds will benefit the El Paso County Historical Society for the preservation of our archives and maintenance of the 109 year-old Burges House located at 603 W. Yandell. If you would like to join as a member before purchasing your ticket, or to help support the society with a donation, please visit our website at https://www.elpasohistory.com/.