Join the El Paso County Historical Society at this year’s Border Archives Bazaar on October 22 at the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces.
The event is a free, fun and educational event that brings visitors face to face with fascinating historical materials from the border region. It will be held Saturday, October 22, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Organized by the Border Regional Archives Group (BRAG), the Bazaar features rare documents, photographs, maps, publications, and more, that highlight the unique history and cultural heritage of our region. The theme of the bazaar, Puentes al Pasado, Bridges to the Past, highlights the role archives play as bridges from the present to the past.
The event brings together resources from more than a dozen libraries, archives, and museums of the southern New Mexico, west Texas, and the borderlands.
Other participating institutions:
- NMSU Library Archives and Special Collections
- El Paso Public Library Border Heritage Center
- El Paso County Historical Society
- Doña Ana County Clerk’s Office
- UTEP Centennial Museum
- UTEP Library C.L. Sonnichsen Special Collections
- Chamizal National Memorial
- Sul Ross State University Archives of the Big Bend
- Eastern New Mexico University Special Collections
- And more!
The Bazaar highlights the role that archives play in preserving and promoting our cultural heritage. Archivists, librarians, and museum curators will be on hand to discuss and answer questions about archives, regional history, and preservation of original documents.
Short talks about regional history
The Border Archives Bazaar also includes short talks about regional history by noted borderlands historians.
- Dr. Rick Hendricks, New Mexico state records administrator
- Dr. Jamie Bronstein, NMSU professor of history
- Dr. Julia Smith, NMSU professor of film history
Historic film footage from the region will be shown in the museum’s theater during the event.
If you go:
- What: Border Archives Bazaar
- When: Saturday, October 22, 2022
- Time: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces, New Mexico
- More information: Facebook.com/BRarchives