Join the El Paso County Historical Society on Dec. 3 at 11 a.m. for a book talk with UTEP Professor Dr. Jonna Perrillo and her exciting new book Educating the Enemy.
About the event
- Learn about El Paso’s role in educating the children of Nazi scientists after World War II.
- Explore the education of Mexican American children in post-war America.
- Event is Free and seating is limited.
About the book
Educating the Enemy by Jonna Perrillo, PhD tells the story of 144 children of Nazi scientists who moved to El Paso in 1946 as part of the military program called Operation Paperclip.
These German children were bused daily to four El Paso public schools. Dr. Perrillo not only tells a fascinating story of Cold War educational policy, but she draws an important contrast with the education of Mexican American children at the same time in El Paso public schools.
Let us know you’re coming on Facebook, click here.
When will the book talk be?
- Date: December 3, 2022
- Time: 11 a.m.
Where will the book talk be?
- Where: Burges House with the El Paso County Historical Society
- Address: 603 W. Yandell Drive, El Paso, Texas 79902