Join the El Paso County Historical Society at this year’s Border Archives Bazaar on September 23 at the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces.
The event is a free, fun and educational event that brings visitors face to face with fascinating historical materials from the border region. It will be held Saturday, September 23, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Organized by the Border Regional Archives Group (BRAG), the Bazaar features rare documents, photographs, maps, publications, and more, that highlight the unique history and cultural heritage of our region.
This theme of the bazaar this year, Re:Collections / Re:Colecciones, will highlight the role archives play in preserving collections and memorializing the past.
The event brings together resources from more than a dozen libraries, archives, and museums of the southern New Mexico, West Texas, and the borderlands.
- NMSU Library Archives and Special Collections
- El Paso Public Library
- Border Heritage Center
- Doña Ana County Clerk’s Office
- UTEP Centennial Museum
- UTEP Library’s C.L. Sonnichsen Special Collections
- Chamizal National Memorial
- Museo de la Gente
- Sul Ross State University Archives of the Big Bend
- Eastern New Mexico University Special Collections
- and more.
The Bazaar highlights the role that archives play in preserving and promoting our cultural heritage. Archivists, librarians, and museum curators will be on hand to discuss and answer questions about archives, regional history, and preservation of original documents.
Short talks about regional history:
The Border Archives Bazaar also includes short talks about regional history by noted borderlands historians, professors, filmmakers and authors.
- Dr. Yolanda Leyva, UTEP Institute of Oral History
- Dr. Jonna Perrillo, UTEP professor of English and author of Educating the
- Christian Valle, KRWG filmmaker and director of Clara Belle Williams: New Mexico Pioneer in Education
- Denise Chávez, Las Cruces author and activist
If you go:
- What: Border Archives Bazaar
- When: Saturday, September 23, 2022
- Time: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Cost: Free
- More information: Facebook.com/BRarchives