The Lower Valley Woman’s Club was founded in April 1923. The Ysleta Woman’s Community Club was founded at the home of Essie Paden in San Jose, near Ysleta. The Ysleta Woman’s Club wanted a clubhouse and a community center. Jennie Downs was the first president. The community center was dedicated in 1925. The club was renamed the Lower Valley Woman’s Club in the 1930s. These images came out of some of the Lower Valley Woman’s Club scrapbooks and collections at the El Paso County Historical Society.